Saturday 20 July 2013

from one chapter to the next

Sometimes lifes events smack you right between the eyes and leave you saying to yourself..how did i get here ?!  One minute i was waiting eagerly for 9mths for my baby to make an appearance and then suddenly i am attending a leavers assembly as she waves goodby to primary school.

My oldest daughter Poppy is who i am referring to in the above sentence.  We had the leavers assembly on Friday and i can honestly say it was a very emotional event for me and her!!

I can still remember the day we found out i was pregnant and all the excitement and fear that entailed....will i be a good mum...will i cope.....what if the baby doesn't like me?...then d day and an emergency Cesarian and little Poppy was here.  The moment that will stick with me forever though is when i was wheeled into the recovery room and saw Scott sitting in a chair holding her just staring at her...he had such a look of love and dis-belief on his face..it was a very touching and awe inspiring moment.....  then i blink ( it feels like ) and there is a gorgeous young woman standing in front me waiting to start the new chapter in her life that is secondary school.  My baby has grown up!!  Where did that time go..11yrs have passed by so quickly.  I look at her and see a girl that has grown into someone that I couldn't be prouder of.  She is loving, kind and full of fun.  I use to worry about secondry school and "how will my girls cope?" When I look at Poppy I am no longer worried she has blossomed so much and her confidence has really grown aswell.
She won a main award aswell "contribution to the school community" she was chosen out of all the yr 6 pupils.  She was so happy and i was so proud.

I really don't like the thought of my little girl growing up...I have come to terms with the fact that it is going to happen no matter what i do and all i can do is be there and be her mum and friend when she needs me.  One chapter of her life has closed and I am very much looking forward to sharing this next amazing chapter and all that it brings...highs and lows I will be there and we will get through it all as a family.



No comments:

Post a Comment